There may be many situations where you will not have a Bible. You will be dependent upon the Holy Spirit to call back to memory, passages you might have read, as well as remembering scriptures you’ve drilled into your memory when you had the chance. Here are just a few.
Before you go further, it might be beneficial for you to read my previous article entitled, “Tactics to Resist Interrogation for Christians & Non-Believers“.
- Deuteronomy 31:8—The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
- Psalm 23:4—Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
- Psalm 145:18—The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.
- Isaiah 41:10—So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- John 16:33—I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
- 2 Corinthians 4:8-9—We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.
Faith, Hope, and Freedom:
- Psalm 118:5—Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free.
- Isaiah 43:19—See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.
- Matthew 5:8—Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
- Romans 12:12—Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
- Romans 15:13 —May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may about in hope.
- 2 Corinthians 3:17—Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
- Hebrews 11:1—Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
- James 1:12—Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love Him.
Forgiveness and Reconciliation:
- Psalm 86:5—You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you.
- Proverbs 28:13—Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy.
- Matthew 6:12—Forgive us our debts, as we have also forgiven our debtors.
- 2 Corinthians 5:18—All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people‘s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ‘s behalf: Be reconciled to God.
- Ephesians 4:32—Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
- Colossians 1:21-23—Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. But now he has reconciled you by Christ‘s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation—if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel.
- Exodus 20:12—Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.
- Joshua 24:15—But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.
- Proverbs 22:6—Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.
- Psalm 68:6—God sets the lonely in families, he leads out the prisoners with singing.
- Psalm 133:1—How good and pleasant it is when God‘s people live together in unity!
- 1 John 4:20—Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.
Health, Life, and Death:
- Psalm 41:3—The Lord sustains them on their sickbed and restores them from their bed of illness.
- Psalm 103:2-5—Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not all his benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle‘s.
- Psalm 147:3—He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
- Matthew 5:3-4—Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
- John 11:25—Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.”
- Romans 8:38-39—For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- 1 Corinthians 6:19-20—Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.
- Philippians 1:21—For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
- 2 Timothy 2:11—Here is a trustworthy saying: If we died with him, we will also live with him.
- Revelation 21:4—He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.
Justice and Advocacy:
- Leviticus 19:15—Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly.
- Psalm 33:5—The Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love.
- Proverbs 31:8-9—Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.
- Isaiah 42:3-4—A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out. In faithfulness he will bring forth justice; he will not falter or be discouraged till he establishes justice on earth.
- Micah 6:8—He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
- Matthew 5:9—Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
- Luke 4:18-19—“The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because He has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free, to proclaim the year of the Lord‘s favor.”
- Hebrews 13:3—Continue to remember those in prison as if you were together with them in prison, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.