How can you tell if you or your church is seeing the baptism of the Holy Spirit or the Spirit of Kundalini? These seven signs will help you discern the difference.
Since the “latter rain” (Joel 2:23, Hosea 6:3) fell on the world in the 19th & 20th centuries, there has been division within the church about the legitimacy of the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Some believe that the Holy Spirit stopped His work within the 1st century church as He was only meant to provide help to establish the foundation, while others believe that the Holy Spirit is still present, but has been counterfeited by demons masquerading as the Holy Spirit, one of which is called the spirit of Kundalini/Sanskrit. While the former will not be addressed in this post, the latter will be discussed, beginning with a definition of the spirit of Kundalini.
What is Kundalini?
Kundalini (Sanskrit: कुण्डलिनी kuṇḍalinī, “coiled one”), in Hinduism refers to a form of divine energy (or shakti) said to be located at the base of the spine (muladhara). It was originally an important concept in Śaiva Tantra, where it was seen as a force or power associated with the divine feminine, which when cultivated and awakened through tantric practice, could lead to spiritual liberation. Kuṇḍalinī is associated with Paradevi or Adi Parashakti, the supreme being in Shaktism, as well as with the goddesses Bhairavi and Kubjika. The term along with practices associated with it, was adopted into Hatha yoga in the 11th century and other forms of Hinduism as well as modern spirituality and New age thought. Kundalini En.wikipedia.org. (2019). Kundalini. [online] Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini [Accessed 25 Apr. 2019].
The 7 signs of the Holy Spirit & Kundalini.
There are Christians talking about the Kundalini spirit and the deception that is going on in Pentecostal/Charismatic churches. While this IS a problem within many churches, I can tell you that there IS a difference between the ACTUAL baptism of the Holy Spirit and the Kundalini spirit as I have had direct experience with Kundalini. The differences between the baptism of the Holy Spirit and the Kundalini spirit are these:
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit WILL ALWAYS be brought about through the Word of God (Bible) and praise of Jesus Christ. The Kundalini spirit just “happens”
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit NEVER leaves you out of control while the Kundalini spirit takes control.
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit WILL NEVER get in the way of the Word of God. The Kundalini spirit WILL ALWAYS divert people from the Word of God.
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit WILL ALWAYS be praising Jesus Christ. The Kundalini spirit WILL ALWAYS be praising god/self. The SPECIFIC praising of Jesus Christ is to differentiate the Holy Spirit from false spirits.
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit WILL ALWAYS adhere to order within corporate worship. The Kundalini spirit WILL NEVER adhere to any order, only experience.
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit WILL ALWAYS thank the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross. The Kundalini spirit will not.
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit will utter prophecy/scripture that will be 100% in line with scripture. The Kundalini spirit will not and will try to get people away from the Bible and into a doctrine that is very close, but not the real Word of God.
We should always remember John who wrote: “Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.” ~1 John 4:1-3