We need to understand our new identity. Jesus died so that our old self could die and a new creation can arise. These 66 Biblically-based confessions are fact, and we should know them.
The 66 Confessions – several are put together in a multiple declaration:
- I am a new creature in Christ: old things have passed away, behold, all things are new.
— 2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV
- I have died and have been raised with Christ and am now seated in heavenly places.
— Ephesians 2:5-6 KJV
- I am dead to sin and alive unto righteousness.
— Romans 6:11 KJV
- No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper, but every tongue that rises against me in judgment, I shall show to be in the wrong.
— Isaiah 54:17
- I prosper in everything I put my hand to. I have prosperity in all areas of my life–spiritually, financially, mentally, and socially.
— John 10:3-5;14-16, 27; John 14:15
- I take every thought captive unto the obedience of Jesus Christ, casting down every imagination, and every high and lofty thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God.
— 2 Corinthians 10:5
- As a man thinks in his heart, so is he; therefore, all of my thoughts are positive. I do not allow Satan to use my spirit as a garbage dump by meditating on negative things that he offers me.
— Proverbs 23:7 KJV
- I don’t speak negative things.
— Ephesians 4:29
- I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress. I will speak forth the righteousness of God all the day long.
— Psalm 17:3; Psalm 35:28
- I never bind a sister or brother with the words of my mouth.
— Matthew 18:18 KJV
- I am always a positive encouragement. I edify and build up; I never tear down or destroy.
— Romans 15:2
- I am a believer not a doubter.
— Mark 5:36 KJV
- I am slow to speak, quick to hear, and slow to anger.
— James 1:19
- I am a doer of the Word. I meditate on the Word all the day long.
— James 1:22; Psalm 1:2
- I will study the Word of God. I will pray.
— 2 Timothy 2:15; Luke 18:1
- I never get tired or grow weary when I study the Word, pray, minister, or praise God; but I am alert and full of energy. And as I study, I become more alert and more energized.
— 2 Thessalonians 3:13; Isaiah 40:31
- I am a giver. It is more blessed to give than to receive. I love to give! I have plenty of money to give away all the time.
— Acts 20:35; 2 Corinthians 9:7-8
- I cast all my care on the Lord for He cares for me.
— 1 Peter 5:7 KJV
- I don’t have a spirit of fear, but of power and love and a sound mind.
— 2 Timothy 1:7
- I do not fear. I am not guilty.
— 1 John 4:18; Romans 8:1
- I am not passive about anything, but I deal with all things in my life immediately.
— Proverbs 27:23; Ephesians 5:15-16
- I do not judge my brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus after the flesh. I am a spiritual man and am judged by no one.
— John 8:15 KJV; Romans 14:10 KJV; 1 Corinthians 2:15
- I operate in all the gifts of the Holy Spirit, which are tongues and interpretation of tongues, the working of miracles, discerning of spirits, the word of faith, the word of knowledge, the word of wisdom, healings, and prophecy.
— 1 Corinthians 12:8-10
- I walk in the spirit all of the time.
— Galatians 5:16
- I have been set free. I am free to love, to worship, to trust with no fear of rejection or of being hurt.
— John 8:36; Romans 8:1
- I have compassion and understanding for all people.
— 1 Peter 3:8
- I do not hate or walk in unforgiveness.
— 1 John 2:11; Ephesians 4:32
- I catch the enemy in all of his deceitful lies. I cast them down and choose rather to believe the Word of God.
— John 8:44; 2 Corinthians 2:11; 10:5 KJV
- Work is good. I enjoy work!
— Ecclesiastes 5:19
- I do all my work excellently and with great prudence–making the most of all of my time.
— Ecclesiastes 9:10; Proverbs 22:29; Ephesians 5:15-16
- I am a responsible person. I enjoy responsibility, and I rise to every responsibility in Jesus.
— 2 Corinthians 11:28 KJV; Philippians 4:13
- I am creative because the Holy Spirit lives in me.
— John 14:26; 1 Corinthians 6:19
- I take good care of my body. I eat right, I look good, I feel good, and I weigh what God wants me to weigh.
— 1 Corinthians 9:27; 1 Timothy 4:8 TLB
- Pain cannot successfully come against my body because Jesus bore all my pain.
— Isaiah 53:3-4
- I lay hands on the sick, and they recover.
— Mark 16:18
- I have a teachable spirit.
— 2 Timothy 2:24 KJV
- I do not think more highly of myself than I ought to in the flesh.
— Romans 12:3
- I have humbled myself, and God has exalted me.
— 1 Peter 5:6 KJV
- I do what I say I will do, and I get where I am going on time.
— Luke 16:10; 2 Peter 3:14 KJV
- I don’t hurry and rush; I do one thing at a time.
— Proverbs 19:2; 21:5
- I am anointed of God for ministry.
— Luke 4:18
- I am an obedient wife, and no rebellion operates in me.
— Ephesians 5:22,24 TLB; 1 Samuel 15:23 KJV
- My husband is wise. He is the king and priest of our home. He makes godly decisions.
— Proverbs 31:10-12; Revelation 1:6 KJV; Proverbs 21:1
- All my children have lots of Christian friends, and God has set aside a Christian wife or husband for each of them.
— 1 Corinthians 15:33
- My children love to pray and study the Word. They openly and boldly praise God.
— 2 Timothy 2:15
- My children make right choices according to the Word of God.
— Psalm 119:130; Isaiah 54:13
- All my household are blessed in their deeds: we’re blessed when we come in and when we go out.
— Deuteronomy 28:6 KJV
- All that I own is paid for. I owe no man anything except to love him in Christ.
— Romans 13:8
List compiled by brother Peter Barefoot.